Make sure to submit your nomination by Friday, August 18!
The Leadership in Fitness Excellence (L.I.F.E.) award, co-presented by the Indiana Fire Chiefs Association and Public Safety Medical, recognizes the exemplary efforts of Public Safety Departments to improve the wellness and fitness of their personnel.
Presented at the annual Indiana Emergency Response Conference in Indianapolis being held from September 20-23, 2017, up to four fire departments with exemplary wellness-fitness programs are recognized.
There is a winner and runner up selected from the following categories:
- Career Departments
- Combined/Volunteer Departments
In order to ensure fairness in the selection process, all department applications will have all identifiers removed prior to judging. A panel of five judges will then evaluate each application separately. Finally, the scores will be averaged, and the department with the highest score will be selected as the winner.
The judging panel consists of a representative from the following organizations:
- Indiana Fire Chiefs Association: Wellness-Fitness Committee Member
- Public Safety Medical
- Indiana Association of Cities and Towns
- Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana
- Cash and valuable prizes
- Recognition at the annual Indiana Emergency Response Conference
- Crystal trophy for winner and plaque for runners up
- Recognition for best practices and model programs
Please contact Rhonda at 317.972.1180 with questions or e-mail by clicking here.