Become a member of the Ignite Peer Fitness Trainer Program
The purpose of the Ignite Peer Fitness Trainer Program is to provide Peer Fitness Trainers with resources and information to successfully promote and teach their personnel healthy lifestyle practices while maintaining their required continuing education needs.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Monthly health education and branded e-mail
- Access to resources and “best practices” of other PFT’s
- Poster Series for your workout rooms
- Savings on Ignite Workshops and continuing education
- Access to Online Portal Community
- PFT Membership T-shirt
Meets the requirements of the ACE/IAFF Peer Fitness
Trainer Certification for Continuing Education
To inquire further about the Ignite Peer Fitness Trainer Program please click here.
Current members? Please log in here.
Become a Certified Peer Fitness Trainer
Nationally, there are thousands of peer fitness trainers (PFT’s) serving their fire departments. The PFT program was developed by the International Association of Fire Fighters to enhance the success of their Wellness Fitness Initiative program.
Purpose of PFT’s
- Improve the quality of life through training and education
- Promote a positive working environment for maintaining healthy and physically fit personnel
- Designing programs that address the various fitness levels of all personnel
- Understanding of the culture and unique characteristics of fire fighting by incorporating certified peer trainers that can be available 24/7
Current process of becoming certified
- Must take and pass the ACE-approved 115-question certification exam
- Can do a home study or attend a 5-day PFT Workshop led by a certified PFT “train the trainer” instructor to prepare for exam
Click here to learn more about becoming a certified peer fitness trainer.
Want to host your own certification class? Click here to contact a PSM staff member who can help.